Schwan’s always provides its customers with the highest quality products available so it is only “natural” that we would offer you organic options. We are pleased to announce that we now have all natural, non-GMO, USDA organic fruits and vegetables available in all of our delivery areas. You can check them (and all our other new products) out at schwans.com
The weather is getting chillier and that means, like most people I’ve gotten out my crock pot and I’m scrounging up all of my favorite slow cooker comfort food recipes. This great recipe for Beef Tips Stroganoff comes from the schwans.com recipes section and is about as easy as it gets and so delicious you will be surprised that it only took a few minutes to put together.
Beef Tips Stroganoff
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours
Number of Servings: 4
½ cup each sliced onions and mushrooms
½ tsp garlic powder
1 cup sour cream
1. Place beef tips, onions and mushrooms into slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low for 4 hours.
2. Just before serving stir in sour cream and garlic powder.
Serve on top of wide noodles or fluffy rice. For a healthier option try plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
For other great slow cooker recipes check out schwans.com recipe section.
It’s that time of year again! The Schwan’s USA Cup Soccer Tournament kicked off with the weekend tournament which ended Sunday, and final check-ins for the weeklong tournament wrapping up today. The tournament’s opening ceremonies are tomorrow evening at 6:00 p.m. in the stadium at the National Sports Center in Blaine, MN. This is truly a one of a kind event that you have to experience at some point, even if you aren’t a fan of soccer. To celebrate this event I wanted to bring you a little trivia about the National Sports Center because it is such a unique facility with so many rare and distinct amenities.
The National Sports Center (NSC) is a 600-acre multi-sport complex located in Blaine, Minnesota, United States
- It includes a soccer stadium,
- over 50 full-sized soccer fields,
- a golf course,
- a velodrome,
- a meeting and convention facility,
- and an eight-sheet ice rink, the Schwan Super Rink, which is the largest ice facility of its type in the world.
The National Sports Center opened in 1990 and costs $14.7 million for construction.
The facility welcomes over 3.8 million visitors annually, making it the most-visited sports facility in the state of Minnesota.
The Schwan’s USA CUP is the largest soccer tournament in the Western Hemisphere with over 1,000 teams and participants from 22 countries.
The NSC is operated by the National Sports Center Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. Even though the facility is a State of Minnesota facility, and operations are overseen by the MASC, the NSC receives no operating subsidy from the State, and it is a self-supporting operation.
Mia Hamm scored her 150th international goal at the NSC in a 3–0 victory over Australia in 2004.
You can find us at the Schwan’s USA Cup all week long handing out free ice cream and answering any questions you have about Schwan’s service. There’s tons of activities for the kids and plenty of soccer all day long. Stop by and see us this week for great freebies and coupons.
There are a lot of nostalgic hot dishes, casseroles and salads that I grew up eating that are delicious but not so good for you. One of the dishes I love is ambrosia fruit salad which usually consists of canned fruits, whipped topping (not even real whipped cream) and coconut. While fruit is healthy, traditional ambrosia fruit salad is not the healthiest way to consume fruit. If you’re like me though a family gathering just doesn’t seem the same without it. Here’s a recipe that substitutes the not so healthy ingredients for much better-for-you options (keeping the marshmallows though). This is a Greek yogurt ambrosia salad with all the nostalgia and less of the guilt.
Here’s what you need:
½ package Golden Fruit Blend (thawed)
1 can Mandarin oranges
1 c. Plain Greek yogurt
2 c. fruit flavored miniature marshmallows
1 c. Dark sweet cherries (thawed)
2 c. shredded unsweetened coconut
½ c pecans chopped
Make sure all the fruit is thawed and drained. Miss all ingredients except pecans in a large bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with pecans just before serving. You can also toast the pecans in a dry sauté pan over medium high heat for 4-6 minutes stirring constantly to prevent burning.
Easter is fast approaching and I was looking for some great side dishes for the holiday. I found this great option in the recipe section on schwans.com. Since it’s been nice out and swim suit season is quickly approaching everyone in my family is trying to eat as healthy as possible. This cranberry citrus green bean side dish is a great alternative to traditional high-calorie, condensed soup, green bean casserole.
Here’s what you need:
2 Tbsp butter
¼ medium red onion, thinly sliced
2 bags Microsteam Whole Green Beans
¼ cup orange and lemon zest
1 cup dried cranberries
2 Tbsp cider vinegar
1 Tbsp brown sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat skillet over medium heat.
2. Add butter and onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
3. Stir in beans, zest, and cranberries. Cook 6-8 minutes
4. Add vinegar and brown sugar. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
Tip: Use dried cherries or apricots in place of the cranberries. Add sliced almonds for some extra crunch. Stay tuned for more great holiday recipes coming soon!
I know it’s technically Throw Back “Thursday” but I found this great little infomercial today and couldn’t resist sharing it with you. I’m a little jaded to find out we used to carry coffee (which would make me a happy camper!) but we still carry most the other products shown in the video, imagine that? It’s fun to see how rich Schwan’s history is and how close Schwan’s comes to its roots, even today over 60 years later.
Check it out!
I’m sure you’re used to seeing Schwan’s deliver in your neighborhood, but did you know Schwan’s offers many different solutions for businesses as well? To learn more about any of these options or to schedule a service at your business just call, text or e-mail us….
· Workplace Deliveries As a service to your employees we can set up a convenient time to have our Schwan’s truck deliver to your business on a consistent two week schedule. All employees can pre-order online to save time and earn Schwan’s Rewards. This great incentive will save your employees shopping time and won’t cost you a thing! In addition we will set up a time (usually over a lunch or break time) to give your employees a brief introduction to how Schwan’s works, answer any questions they may have, and taste some of the products we have to offer.
· Company picnics, parties / celebrations We can provide ice cream or other treats for all your workplace celebrations. You don’t have to worry about picking anything up or finding freezer space to keep it in. We deliver at a time that is convenient for you. As an added benefit, you only pay for what gets opened so there is no guessing on exactly how much you will need.
· Holiday Gifts Looking to give a great holiday gift to your employees? We offer several different options including hams, pies and gift cards which we will deliver at a convenient time to every employee on your staff, no wrapping required
· Employee Recognition/Birthday Celebrations Looking to recognize an outstanding Employee of the Month or celebrate all your employees birthdays each month? Let us provide the treats. As always, we deliver at a time that is most convenient for your business and you only pay for what you open.
· Corporate Fundraising Raising money for your favorite 501(c)3 charity? Let Schwan’s organize your company fundraising this year. We offer the option of both gift cards as well as our full line of Schwan’s Frozen Foods. You can earn up to 20% of all purchases to give to the charity of your choice. Please contact us 2 to 3 weeks in advance to organize your event.
Don’t see what you are looking for? Give us a call and we will do our best to accommodate you!
In honor of National Appetizer Day we thought we would take the opportunity to share with you some fantastic Schwan’s appetizers that would be perfect for Super Bowl Sunday. Schwan’s offers over 30 different products from hot wings to tempura shrimp (my personal favorite) and everything in between! Check out all our delicious appetizers at schwans.com. The best part is all of these appetizers are bake and serve or thaw and serve so you don’t have to spend hours making food for the big day or hundreds of dollars on food delivery. Be sure and check out our coupons for extra savings!
Awhile back I was introduced to a true Mexican street taco and I immediately fell in love. Like most Americans in the Midwest I grew up eating those seasoned ground beef tacos with lettuce, sour cream, cheese, tomatoes… you know what I’m talking about. But a true Mexican street taco is a completely different (and completely delicious) concoction. A street taco has a soft corn tortilla, pulled chicken or pulled beef, onions, cilantro, maybe some queso blanco and squeezed lime. As I was rummaging through my kitchen trying to scrounge up something for a quick lunch yesterday I got the inspiration to recreate my favorite street tacos. The result was delicious, under 350 calories and only took about five minutes. Here’s what you need for a single serving (two) mini beef pot roast street tacos:
2 small corn tortillas
2 Tbs diced onion
2 tsp diced cilantro
Schwan’s mini beef pot roasts come individually wrapped in single serving sizes so all you have to do is cut the end off the package to vent, place it in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 3 ½ minutes. While the meat is heating dice onions and cilantro and heat tortillas. I have a gas stove so I heat my tortillas directly over the flame on high, flipping constantly. If you don’t have a gas stove you can wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for 20 seconds. Drain the gravy off the pot roast and shred the meat. These little roasts are so tender I literally just mashed mine with a fork and it was shredded. Assemble your tacos and squeeze lime juice over the top of each. You can also add queso blanco, I added tomatoes to these just because I had some left over but both are totally optional. If you are cooking for more than one person you can also use our family sized slow roasted beef pot roast with gravy for a great dinner option to feed multiple people.
Black Friday Schwan’s Sales
Looking for some great Black Friday deals but don’t want to leave your house? Check out these great offers from schwans.com or on the Schwan’s app.
On Thursday November 29th SAVE:
- $7 off Meat Sampler Pack (also a great gift idea)
- $5 off Popcorn Chicken
- $3 off Popcorn Shrimp
- $7 off Fully Cooked Beef Pot Roast with Gravy
- $4 off Beer Battered Alaskan Cod
- $8 off USDA Choice Bone-in New York Strip Steak
On Cyber Monday, December 2nd SAVE:
- 15% off orders of $100 or more
- 10% off orders of $60-$100
- 5% off orders less than $60